Yes we are open for business!!
Real Estate is deemed an Essential Service.
If, like me, you compulsively drill down through information in pursuit of historical context, nuances, or clarity, you may enjoy reading about Maslow's Hierarch of needs. Maslow explains that the most basic human needs are food, water, and shelter.
The next step up the Maslow pyramid are security & safety needs. Ontario Realtors continue to support the housing requirements of their clients with strict security and safety measures in place.
- Masks must be worn at all times. The additional requirement announced today mandates that masks must be worn outside in public spaces when social distancing is not possible.
- Open houses are banned. Full stop. No exceptions anywhere in the Province until the lockdown is lifted. Members should use virtual tools first and to the greatest extent possible to conduct all business. ·
- Urgently needed in-person showings are permitted but MUST be scheduled in advance. Members should limit the number people in the home to one group of two people (plus the buyer’s sales representative) to allow for physical distancing.
- Personal Protective Equipment should be worn at all times, surfaces & hands should be cleaned and sanitized before and after the showing, and Members should take steps to space out appointments and manage the flow of people inside and outside the home.
- As an essential service, real estate offices and Brokerages may remain open however the Government has stated that all employees who can work from home should do so immediately. OREA strongly encourages Board and Brokerage offices to close unless it is absolutely necessary to be open.
The next level up the Maslow pyramid includes the psychological needs of love and belongingness. May you take each day as it comes with the belief that tomorrow will be brighter still.
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” Mother Theresa
Smiley originator Harvey Ball
Post a Comment